Most of what we know about abortion comes from anti-abortion propaganda found in crisis pregnancy centers, sidewalk counselors, and spoon-fed politicians’ speeches. Their lies serve to create a culture of fear and stigma around abortion, when in reality abortion is one of the most common and safest medical procedures. Click through for more details:
- "Abortion causes breast cancer." Not according to the National Cancer Institute and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- "Abortion causes infertility." The Mayo Clinic and Guttmacher Institute disagree.
- "Ultrasounds convince women not to have abortions." Of the 40% who chose to view their ultrasound, 98.4% continued with their decision to have an abortion.
- "Abortion damages your mental health." Neither the American Psychological Association, nor the American Psychiatric Association agree.
- "Increased clinic restrictions make abortion safer." Most restrictions passed have little to do with client safety - larger parking lots, hospital admitting privileges, etc. - and only serve to drive historically safe clinics out of business.
- "Abortion is dangerous." It’s one of the safest procedures in existence.
How about this, abortion is killing a baby. A life form. A person that is a mini-you, someone that could have your eyes or your smile. You’re killing your child. I dare you to tell me I’m wrong.
If you were right, and that’s all there is to the abortion debate, and that argument was persuasive enough on its own, why do you think the anti-abortion movement spends so much energy on all these lies?
Do we have to lie about rape to make people understand it’s wrong? Murder? Cannibalism? Then why do you all have to lie about abortion?
I dare you to answer that.
Bolded for emphasis of that mic-drop worthy comment. Holy shit.
women: *are killed, beaten, raped, and put down constantly for hundreds of years just for being women*
woman who is also a feminist: *cracks a joke about men on the internet*
men: ”see this is the problem with feminism it promotes hate speech they’re no better than sexist men why can’t i punch women in the face and why does the guy have to pay on dates #equalitarianism”
when people act like hitting/choking women during sex isn’t an indicator of misogyny
- it is
- you need to rethink why violence against women gets you hard
but let’s be careful not to kink shame here
there is nothing wrong with CONSENSUAL hitting and choking during sex between two adults
lmao nah im gonna shame the hell outta your kinks if they’re sexualizing violence against women. i dont care if “she wanted it” or not